4 Tips for Saving Energy in Voorhees This Summer
Spring is nice for more than a few reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Voorhees and keeping bills lower.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power expenses low.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a definite advantage for keeping your power bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your space. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*