Spring is nice for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your energy bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or air.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in Voorhees and keeping costs lower.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power expenses low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a definite advantage for keeping your power bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Think About Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also change the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 856-310-4824 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your space. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.