Planning annual AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner unit in Voorhees operating at peak performance while keeping utility usage small. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few tasks you can complete alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Atmostemp Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can do by yourself as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that includes a large amount of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps near, it’s also a great idea to add AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your cooling equipment scrubbed and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first hot day of the year can be risky. If you need a fix or installation, you could be waiting days for a technician. And that might become extremely unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened AC system will help assure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner upkeep could be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling unit in the ultimate order:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and might decrease your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very necessary if you deal with allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn maintenance by the exterior condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, since this may limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Atmostemp Service Experts at 856-310-4824, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then we’ll start the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to get rid of any blockage from soil and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your unit is switching on, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that need extra action, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective option. Uncovering possible troubles promptly could solve larger problems down the road. This also offers you time to plan if your equipment is aging.
When you are looking for a modern air conditioner, our Experts will work with you to find the best unit for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to book your checkup? Call us at 856-310-4824 or schedule an appointment online right away.