Planning annual AC maintenance is useful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner equipment in Voorhees running at peak performance while keeping electricity usage small. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few tasks you can finish by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Atmostemp Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a couple steps you can do by yourself as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that includes a large portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps approaching, it’s also a great idea to add AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect season to get your cooling unit scrubbed and checked out. Waiting to turn it on until the first hot day of the year can be a gamble. If you need a fix or a new unit, you could be waiting days for a tech. And that might become awfully unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh AC system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner upkeep might be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling unit in the prime order:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and can decrease your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn maintenance by the outdoor condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, as this may impede airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Atmostemp Service Experts at 856-310-4824, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure secure operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially skip problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to eliminate any blockage from soil and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your unit is turning on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that involve extra action, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective option. Uncovering likely issues promptly may solve larger problems later. This also offers you time to plan if your unit is aging.
When you are seeking an updated air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to pick the ideal system for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to request your checkup? Contact us at 856-310-4824 or schedule an appointment online now.