How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many gases that could be inside your Voorhees house. Natural gas and vapors that come from residential furniture, flooring and paints. None of these fumes are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Call Atmostemp Service Experts at 856-310-4824 right away to begin shielding your residence against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?

Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot observe it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It’s not as dangerous in low amounts and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Lethal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can leak into your house during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how large the leak is and the circulation in a house, it can become deadly in just a few minutes.

Once breathed in, the gas has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are breathing clean air, you will need five hours to take it out of your system. It will take another five hours to reduce that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide can also cause illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

How to Protect Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are three ways you can take to keep your house safe:

  1. Your residence with at least one natural gas heater, attached garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have a detector on every level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
    Call Atmostemp Service Experts at 856-310-4824 to purchase one. Ask our technicians about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you currently use a carbon monoxide system, regularly check or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and replace the system every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, get out of your home immediately and phone 911.

Protect Your Family with Support from Atmostemp Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the right precautions your home can be protected from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Atmostemp Service Experts at 856-310-4824 to learn more.