Building a new residence? Upgrading your present unit? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may soon learn you have more possibilities than you originally thought. Read through this info to help you measure four different solutions so you can select the best air conditioner in Voorhees.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people bring to mind when they envision air conditioning for the total house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps work much like central air conditioners. Many models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This may be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You live in a climate with mild weather during the winter.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t utilize (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this ongoing well of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your house for the underground loops.
This is an additional style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be good for you if:
- Your residence, or a new add-on to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling single spaces.
- You’re looking to get zoning for your residence.
Not sure which style of air conditioner you should purchase? Turn to the Experts at Atmostemp Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you choose the best one for your family. Please contact us at 856-310-4824 to get an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.