Building a new house? Upgrading your present equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may soon come to the conclusion that you have more possibilities than you originally thought. Read through this info to help you weigh four different solutions so you can select the ideal air conditioner in Voorhees.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people bring to mind when they envision air conditioning for the total house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This may be great for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps work much like central air conditioners. Many models can also deliver heat in cold weather.
This might be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You live in a climate with mild weather during the winter.
- You want one piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your home doesn’t utilize (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this ongoing well of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is an additional kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be good for you if:
- Your residence, or a recent add-on to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling separate spaces.
- You’re seeking to get zoning for your residence.
Don’t know which kind of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Atmostemp Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you choose the best one for your family. Please contact us at 856-310-4824 to get an air conditioning replacement estimate now.