Summer is normally a busy time of year for many families in Voorhees. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Voorhees heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Voorhees heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Atmostemp Service Experts a call at 856-310-4824 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its best in the Voorhees heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Voorhees temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than normal. It can help you cool down a bit quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.