Summer is normally a crazy time of year for many families in Voorhees. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any variety of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Voorhees heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Voorhees heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Atmostemp Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 856-310-4824 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Voorhees heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a break as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Voorhees temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than usual. It can help you cool down a bit quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.