Your air conditioner’s purpose is keeping the air inside your home nice and cool, which means that any time you allow heat back into the home, you’re making the air conditioner work harder than it needs to. While the air conditioner is your best source for cooler air, there are a few things you can do, other than of air conditioner service, to help keep the Voorhees heat out and help your air conditioner survive during the remaining days of summer.
Here are a few tips from Atmostemp Service Experts to help keep hot air out of your home:
- Block out the sun. Quite a bit of heat makes its way into your home through your windows. Keep it out by reaping the benefits of solar screens, tinted windows and blackout curtains. At the minimum, buy blinds and keep them closed.
- Seal air leaks. The rooms in your home that are air conditioned should be as air-tight as possible. Take a look in your crawlspace, basement or attic for major air holes like these in the building envelope. We can do a complete comfort performance assessment for you to discover leaks in walls, ceilings and ducts.
- Check for leaky doors and windows. Look at your windows and doors and add or replace caulk or weather-stripping that looks to be torn or displaying signs of wear.
- Try no-cook or served-cold meals. Your stove and oven add a lot of heat in your home. Try some no-cook meals and use your microwave versus your stove or oven.
- Run the dishwasher and dryer at night. Save any household activities that may produce heat for evenings after the temperature outside drops. You can also let your dishes and clothes air dry and let those appliances rest.
- Provide window coverage outside the home. Awnings over windows and doors can help shield the sun’s direct heat. Trees can also offer shade and deflect some of the heat.
- Get a free air conditioner consultation. The ultimate impact on heat is a new air conditioning system evaluation. After learning about new air conditioner systems, technology and options, the greatest option could simply be an air conditioner upgrade.
If you don’t feel like your home is keeping cool temperatures despite following the tips listed above, it might mean that you need air conditioner service or repair. Air conditioner maintenance is one of the best ways to ensure your equipment is operating properly and that you are getting top efficiency and results. Don’t stay uncomfortable longer than necessary. Give Atmostemp Service Experts in Voorhees or set up an appointment online to have a professional check out your air conditioner and make sure it’s operating correctly.