Your air conditioner’s purpose is keeping the air inside your home nice and cool, which means that any time you allow heat to come back in to home, you’re making the air conditioner work harder than it needs to. While the air conditioner is your best source for cooler air, there are a couple things you can do, other than of air conditioner service, to help keep the Voorhees heat out and help your air conditioner survive throughout the remaining days of summer.
Here are a few tips from Atmostemp Service Experts to help keep hot air outside:
- Block out the sun. A lot of heat makes its way into your home through your windows. Keep it out by reaping the benefits of solar screens, tinted windows and blackout curtains. At the very least, buy blinds and keep them closed.
- Seal air leaks. The rooms in your home that are air conditioned should be as air-tight as possible. Check out your crawlspace, basement or attic for major air holes like these in the building envelope. We can do a complete comfort performance assessment for you to discover leaks in walls, ceilings and ducts.
- Check for leaky doors and windows. Look at your windows and doors and add or replace caulk or weather-stripping that may be torn or showing signs of wear.
- Try no-cook or served-cold meals. Your stove and oven add a lot of heat in your home. Try some no-cook meals and use your microwave versus your stove or oven.
- Run the dishwasher and dryer at night. Save any household activities that may generate heat for evenings after the temperature outside drops. You can also let your dishes and clothes air dry and let those appliances rest.
- Provide window coverage outside the home. Awnings over windows and doors can help block the sun’s direct heat. Trees can also provide shade and deflect some of the heat.
- Get a free air conditioner consultation. The ultimate impact on heat is a new air conditioning system evaluation. After hearing about new air conditioner systems, technology and options, the greatest option could simply be an air conditioner upgrade.
If you don’t feel like your home is keeping cool temperatures despite following the tips we’ve listed, it may mean that you need air conditioner service or repair. Air conditioner maintenance is one of the best ways to ensure your equipment is operating properly and that you are getting optimal efficiency and results. Don’t stay uncomfortable longer than necessary. Give Atmostemp Service Experts in Voorhees or set up an appointment online to have a professional check out your air conditioner and make sure it’s operating correctly.