Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Voorhees, you could be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few points to consider, as well as the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A new air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Atmostemp Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the right advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both systems together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any major immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your residence comfier and decreasing your annual utility expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a discount as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Atmostemp Service Experts. We know the price of replacing your entire system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 856-310-4824 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.