Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Voorhees, you could be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several points to consider, as well as the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A new air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Atmostemp Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the right advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t often any major immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your residence comfier and reducing your annual heating and cooling expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even be eligible for a discount as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Atmostemp Service Experts. We know the price of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 856-310-4824 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.