The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it may still be hiding toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. Many people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first think about continuing the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets pricey almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also deliver healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to maximize the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, choose Atmostemp Service Experts to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but several of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main following severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant creates dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Atmostemp Service Experts, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Atmostemp Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.