Your heating and cooling system is the key to a sense of comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioning has ever malfunctioned on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with emergency repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if there was a way to maintain a constant supply of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to request tune-ups with Atmostemp Service Experts, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, check out these benefits:
- Expose minor problems right away: Issues with your HVAC equipment often develop little by little. When a technician examines the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and resolve smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the chance of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that reduces the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during every visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is working safely.
- Protect your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they demand yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the fastest installs available, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan grants a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, our technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Atmostemp Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan features and contact our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before registering. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Atmostemp Service Experts office today.