Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Voorhees.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when operated correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating accurately, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by booking regular furnace maintenance with Atmostemp Service Experts.