What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?
Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Voorhees.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when operated correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating accurately, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by booking regular furnace maintenance with Atmostemp Service Experts.