When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s wants in Voorhees. A tankless water heater is a great route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy bills. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you then have hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—specifically for big houses—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be high enough to accommodate a handful of uses at once. One of our specialists will help you determine what your flow rate is and offer recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many households in the Voorhees area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be put in under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Atmostemp Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Voorhees home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 856-310-4824
or request an appointment with us online.